positive

positive
To be or not to be-- that is a big question!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

5 weeks to go!

Me- 7.5 Months Prego!

I realize that it has been a while since I last posted anything.  We've been scurrying around trying to get any last minute things accomplished and ready for when Toby arrives. 
The month of September brought two great baby showers- one from our friends and coworkers (at our home), and one from the family and their friends (in VA at Bill's parents).  We got so much baby stuff- we were toally blessed! 
The baby shower here in NC went along with our safari theme, hosted by two of my coworkers and my friend Michelle.  We had a beautiful cake, cute decorations, and some fun little baby games to play.  There were about 10-15 people here for that one, and I really enjoyed being with friends and opening all of Toby's fun little gifts!
The baby shower in VA was a tea luncheon and had a baby boy blue theme.  Bill and Gwyn did an excellent job with all of the decorations, and with creating little stations for people to visit (a tea station, a well-wishes station, etc.).  April did a fantastic job with the food (the edible arrangements were probably my favoite).  We enjoyed our time wtih the family and their friends, and were totally overwhelmed at the amount of people there- I think at one time, they counted 51 people!  Needless to say, that it took me two week to write out all of the thank you notes (well worth it- but you can only write so many a day!). 
It was also during our VA trip that I realized that I swell up like a balloon when sitting down for 2 1/2 hours (the amount of time it takes us to get there), and the opposite, when I stand up for any length of time.  Otherwise, I do just fine.
Toby's room right after the VA shower- lots to put away!
So, now today marks my 1 1/2 weeks off of work, and I have been such a busy little bee with finishing Toby's room, writing thank you's, and just some of those things that you really never get around to when you spend 40 hours a week at work (like actually printing out the pictures off our camera).  We have been busy with taking birthing and baby basics classes during the week, and spending time with friends and family over the weekends.  I've also started making full amounts of meals and freezing half of them for those long days that are coming up after Toby arrives when we're hungry but don't have the desire or time to actually cook a homemade meal.  That has been recommended to me by lots of people, and I am definitely taking that advice!
Well, Toby is starting to run out of room in my tummy, so he is no longer doing summersaults, but is still moving around.  Last night was probably the first time when I was able to take Bill's hand and place it on my belly, where Toby continued to move around and Bill could feel him.  Sometimes Toby is a little shy, and stops moving when my belly is touched. 

We're looking foward to what the next month has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment